On your wedding day, you want your makeup to look at it’s best! Your wedding day is not the day to try something new and over the top. The key to great makeup is to look like yourself but the best version of you!
Whether you have hired a professional to do your makeup or decide to do your own, make sure to have a trial run to ensure you get the look you want. Think about the overall look you want for your wedding day while considering the time of day and theme. If you have a makeup artist, make sure to communicate these important details so they can help in determining the best look for you. After the trial decide what you like or dislike about the finished look. Don’t forget to take a picture of your trial to make sure it photographs well!
Below are some tips to ensure your makeup looks flawless on your wedding day!
1. The most important piece of advice I can give you is to pick one feature on your face you want to accentuate. Whether you choose your eyes or lips, playing up both features can make you look overdone.
2. Get your brows and/or lip waxed at least 48 hours before the wedding. You don’t want redness or irritated skin to show!
3. Wear waterproof mascara and water resistant liner! This is a must!! Tears will be shed on this special day and the last thing you want is mascara or liner running down your face. Also, waterproof and water resistant products are great for outside weddings to ensure there is no smudging or creasing around your eyes in the heat.
4. Wear a lip liner under your lipstick or gloss to help it last longer and to prevent your lipstick from bleeding.
5. Choose a shade of lipstick a shade or two brighter than your normal lipstick. Lipstick that is too light can make you look washed out in pictures.
6. If you are have oily skin or are having an outside wedding oil blotting sheets will be your best friend! Just a few dabs on your face throughout the day you reduce any shine and give a nice matte finish to your face.
7. Choose the right shade of foundation! Make sure your foundation not only matches your face but also your neck. You wouldn’t want to take pictures where your face looks darker or lighter than the rest of your body. Keep in mind when choosing a foundation that powder can be aging in daylight, so try a cream foundation and cover with neutral colored powder for staying power.
8. Avoid foundation with SPF or zinc oxide on your wedding day. In photographs this can make your face much lighter looking than it is in person.
9. Consider using an eyelash curler or fake lashes to help your lashes look thick and beautiful. If you opt for fake eyelashes you may want to leave that to the pros to put on.
10. Lastly ask your Maid of Honor to carry a small clutch with your wedding day makeup essentials for touching up. Include lipstick and lip gloss, oil blotting sheets, face powder and of course tissues for all those sweet tearful moments!
I hope these tips help to make your wedding day makeup as flawless as your wedding!
Picture Sources: www.susanko.com, www.appycouple.com, www.weddingaces.com, www.coloradohairandmakeup.com, www.allure.com, www.mikadoesmakeup.com